Nothing demonstrates the magic of television better than big-event live broadcasts that bring viewers all the action as it happens. Global Television has more experience in bringing such enthralling content to life than any other Australian facilitator.
Global boasts Australia’s largest and most diverse fleet of Outside Broadcast (OB) trucks capable of servicing all client needs – regardless of broadcast size or location – in High Definition (HD), Standard Definition (SD) or 3D.
Meanwhile, with the addition of Cutting Edge's OB division and its HD and SD tapeless workflow capabilities for live and near-live broadcasts, Global now offers and end-to-end client OB solution that is unique in the Australian market.
Whether a single location, two-camera Outside Broadcast or a multi-venue international event; whether you need fully-crewed project management or just broadcast facilities hire - Global has your OB covered.
All Global Outside Broadcast vans have:
- State-of-the art widescreen and digital capabilities
- Double or single expanding sides
- The ability to accommodate between 5 and 29 personnel
Global was the first Australian company to introduce the largest and most technically advanced HD supertrucks.
Global also boasts a highly sought-after portable HD OB van that has proved itself in conditions as diverse as V8 Supercars from the desert of Abu Dhabi to the wet and temperate New Zealand climate.
Now Global is leading the field in 3D Outside Broadcast capabilities, facilitating Australia’s first live 3D sporting events in May, 2010 with NRL State of Origin and the Australia vs New Zealand soccer friendly - as well as Australia’s two biggest annual sporting events: the 2010 AFL Grand Final and 2010 NRL Grand Final.
To give clients ultimate location flexibility, Global also facilitates many productions in outside venues and studios and has been first choice for major events including:
- Kylie Minogue from the Superdome
- KISS from Acer Arena
- The Australian Idol Finale from the Sydney Opera House
- ARIA Music Awards from Acer Arena and, in 2010, from the Sydney Opera House
- The 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games
- 2008 World Youth Day
- The 2010 India Commonwealth Games
- Oprah's Tour Down Under
- YouTube Symphony Orchestra live from the Sydney Opera House
- Melbourne Central Studios (Iron Chef)
- Fox Studios (The Voice, The X-Factor, Young Talent Time, Australian Idol)
- Sydney Carriageworks (So You Think You Can Dance Australia)
- Dreamworld (Big Brother)
Leading international touring organisers have confidence in Global Television's superior Outside Broadcast equipment, technical experience and unparalleled broadcast engineering services. Recent visiting events include:
- UFC – Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Aussie Millions
- Presidents Cup PGA Golf